Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More proof we're living in India


For my own info, wanted to know what a Rat Snake looks like

This morning Erik had to wake up early for an early morning conference call. When his alarm when off he asked me to go downstairs and make him a cup of coffee. My alarm wasn't going off for another 45 minutes so I tried to stay in my sleep mode as I did it. I went into the kitchen and didn't turn on the light, as a result, a lizzard crawled across my counter top as I was waiting for the coffee to heat.

Then, at the bus stop this morning, my neighbor is telling me and some other women about her experience with a large snake in her house yesterday! She came home and saw that some items in her house were knocked to the floor, so she figured she had "another" animal in the house. She went outside and called a neighbor friend of hers from South Africa to come help her find it. They went into the house expecting a chipmunk or a crow and the South African friend found a large snake! She calmly closed the door to the room where she found it and they called the property manager for this development. The response was immediate and the snake was taken away.

It was only a "harmless" rat snake, but apparently it was quite large, and if it can eat a rat then I'm sure it could bite a person.

There was more talk of scorpions too but I had to get home.

No comments: