Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It is NOT extravagant to have a maid in India

I got home from my day and my house is covered in a thin layer of dust AGAIN!

1) They vented my clothes dryer into the garage instead of out the window which required cutting a hole in a 6" concrete block wall - I am grateful for the change but now my laundry room AND kitchen are covered in dust.

2) They finished the patch job on the kids' bathroom ceiling - more sanding = more dust

3) Appartently some sanding/patchwork was done near the front door CAUSE I SEE A BIG PATCH OF DUST NEAR IT and smaller bits of dust everywhere else.

I swear...
I think I've got a handle on things, I start to think I can relax in my home, but right now I'm feeling overwhelmed.

My maid has been sick since Saturday and even though I had never had a maid before two weeks ago, I'm having trouble living without her. She probably won't return until Monday which means this is how I'm going to spend my Thursday and that sucks.

Thanks for listening. :-)

UPDATE: I just reread my posting and "dust" makes me wound like a whiner... it's more than mere dust, it's a fine white film...

No comments: