Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Asking for money

A man just came to the door asking for money. Luckily Jennifer, our housekeeper, speaks Kannada (the local language) and her English is good. She translated for me and said the man at the door helped bring a few boxes into the house on Monday and would like to be paid.

Every delivery we had came with their own delivery people so I really can't recall this man carrying anything. He is familiar to me because he has been working on a leak in the roof, but what would he have carried??

I told him I didn't have any money (small bills that is) but he stayed around until I came back with a few coins. Coins were not what he was after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe they delivered packages on the roof? Does your new house have hot water in the kitchen?