Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lookin' for a Swede...



In Bangalore there are people from all over the world. I am a member of a group called the Overseas Women's Club and while I'm at an event I always keep my ear out for a Swedish accent. I also mingle with Expats in our housing development, Ozone, and a similar one, Palm Meadows, and do the same thing.

There is a large contingency of Expats from Europe; French, British, German, some Dutch, I've even met a Dane... but in almost two months I have yet to meet a Swede.

Until yesterday...
My new NEIGHBOR is named Clause, he is from Sweden (so he's actually Swedish, hahahah, unlike me) and he was happy to hear I speak some Swedish because on October 5th his wife and two children arrive and his wife doesn't speak much English! His kids are 4 and 1. Should make for a lot of fun.

And when he came over to introduce himself, I had just finished washing my Lingonkruka! (I told him that but he was unimpressed.)

I have placed my little Dalahests on my kitchen window sill on each side of my new copper Ganesha statue.

No comments: