Thursday, July 24, 2008

Went to the Bangalore Aquarium today

The kids and I went to the big Cubbon Park in downtown Bangalore so the kids could run around. They were hoping some of the rides would be working this time, but I've come to the conclusion that the rides never work at Cubbon Park. I looked closely at some weeds growing near the tracks of some of the rides and they don't look like they've been treaded upon in quite some time.

Next door to Cubbon Park is the City Aquarium. It cost Rs. 5/ per adult and Rs. 2/ per child, so Rs.9/ for my little family... at Rs. 40/ a dollar, that's $0.25!

We got inside and it was two floors of average sized fish tanks. There were eels and some other exotic fish, but to tell the truth, I don't think I've ever seen gold fish at an Aquarium before and this one had several tanks of goldfish. Hahahaha. They even had Tilapia. We spent quite some time enjoying the different kinds of fish. Every tank had a couple sucker fish to help keep the tanks clean, and our experience turned into more of a game of "where's the sucker fish" rather than appreciating the assortment of international goldfish. But a good time was had by all.

No comments: