Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cooking with bottled water

Dude, it's like cooking at a campsite in your own home.

I made green beans the other night and I was petrified of making my kids sick. I washed the beans three times in fresh bowls of bottled water, then steamed them in yet more bottled water.

Last night I cooked rice for the first time. I know most people wash their rice before cooking it but at home I never did. So, like usual, I was about to throw my rice into my pot of boiling bottled water. YIKES! On second thought, I washed my rice in 3 bowls of bottled water and then cooked it in bottled water. So then I thought to myself, if the bacteria dies in boiling water, did I need to use bottled water?? But why chance it, right?

If the kids want an apple, I wash it in bottled water.
We even brush our teeth with bottled water.

No comments: