Friday, July 18, 2008

Long night...

Poor kids...
Since 4:00am, August has been puking and crying and just miserable with stomach pains. Poor little guy. He's had some juice and dry toast off and on but it seems as soon as he puts something in his stomach it comes right back up again.

During this time, Annika complained of a tummy ache but I thought it was an attention ploy. I gave her juice and toast as well but she seemed to be fine except for verbal complaints and needing cuddles. I was wrong. As soon as Auggie seemed to settle down it was Annika's turn.

I feel so helpless.

August said "I never asked to move to India" :-(

The only thing the kids did differently than us is they went swimming yesterday afternoon. I saw August with pool water in his mouth but I didn't think anything of it. Other than that, we ate the same foods and drank the same drinks.

Another element to this is the ants... there are ants running around everywhere. Well, apparently they're attracted to the juice in the kids' vomit 'cause not only am I cleaning up the accidents, now I'm battling the ants who are attracted to it.

I also had to wash the kids' toothbrushes 'cause the ants swarmed the tips probably due to the bubble gum flavored residue in the bristles.

:-)

UPDATE: All puking subsided by 8:00am, we all fell back asleep until 9:00am, then we slowly ate a few digestive crackers and got ready for the day. No more tummy troubles. Poor kids.

No comments: