Monday, July 21, 2008

Met Americans in Bangalore today

Well, the kids and I made it through our first day without Erik.

My big plan was to take the kids to the library, then grab some lunch, buy some water, and head home. Gopi found the library I had read about on the Bangalore expat mail list, but when he pulled up, there was a sign saying it is closed on Mondays. He asked me "Where to next, Madame?" and I was at a loss for words... The library was my big outing for the day. So I asked if there was a place he could think of where the kids could run around and he suggested Palm Meadows, a gated community nearby.

While at Palm Meadows, I hung out with 3 American women and the kids played with their kids. One lady is from New York and her husband is an attorney for GE, one lady is from Oakland, CA and her husband is at HP, and a third lady is from Mississippi and her husband is at Caterpillar. They were all relatively new to India, but all had lived internationally before. They gave me a lot of pointers about where to go and where to shop. We also found out all the kids will be going to Indus School so A&A will already know some familiar faces on the school bus.

No comments: