Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poor Auggie...

Yesterday about 1:30pm August started complaining of a tummy ache. He didn't eat much at Pizza Hut and was very quiet and still at the restaurant (not like August). Then he stopped complaining. Around 5:00pm, on our way home from downtown, he started complaining of a headache. He complained most of the way home with a terrible wail that he does when he has a fever. By the time we got home, he was hot and in need of some medicine and rest. He hardly ate any dinner.

Around 2:00am he came crying into my room, saying he had to poop. But by the time I could help him, nature was taking it's course. I picked him up, put him in the shower, pulled off his soiled jammies, and put him on the potty. This was our routine for the next few hours. I crawled in bed with the kids so August wouldn't have to wait for help. He cried a lot due to the sharp shooting pains, so I rubbed his back as he tried to sleep.

It's 3:30pm now and he's able to function but his tummy still isn't right. We're taking it easy today.
I have no idea what he got into that Annika and I didn't. The only difference I can think of is Auggie had a scoop of vanilla ice cream after lunch when Annika had chocolate.

No comments: