Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not getting in a car today

Our driver called this morning and asked what time I needed him. I had no idea, so I said noon just for the heck of it. About half an hour later Annika asked if we could not go in a car today. That sounded like a wonderful suggestion since we need a break from long trips in the car. I called Gopi back and told him to go ahead home, we wouldn't need him today.

We played at home this morning. Our front yard is private, free of cars, and very safe due to the 3 guards that police the complex of 10 homes. Annika loves to roam around this small community. At one point Marta, our housekeeper, lent Annika her umbrella so Annika could continue playing outside during a crazy downpour.

We walked to a Chinese restaurant for a late lunch. Chinese is very popular here. I made sure to order a little extra so I won't have to make dinner tonight. :-)

No comments: