Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dude, milk is $9.25/liter!

When we finally found milk, we bought three small boxes and some other items.

I just went to the fridge to fix a couple bowls of cereal for the kids. I saw the price was 371 rupees = $9.25 a box! WOW!
I have to say most grocery items are cheaper but this is a bit of a shock.

UPDATE: Dude, I'm an idiot. When I was talking to the expats at Palm Meadows I expressed my shock that milk was so expensive. So they looked at me and said it is less than $1/box. (The milk here is boxed and on store shelves and you refrigerate after opening.) Anyway, I went home and checked my milk and I mistook a "/" for a "1". So the price is 37/ rupees, which is less than a dollar. Hahahaha ;-p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try dry milk and mix your own. Taste is awful but you can add a little vanilla and sugar and get it down. mom