Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good eatin'

This morning I had to leave the house @ 9:15a. Angel didn't show so I waited until 9:30a but I had to go. (She's usually here by 9:00a/9:15a) so since I couldn't give her verbal instructions, I left "piles" of what I wanted her to cook...

I left a pile for pickled beets - a bag of raw beets, a written recipe, and the correct US measuring cups/tbsp to correspond with the measuring used in the recipe

I left a pile for Dal Tadka - The name of the dal I wanted made, a container of yellow lentils and a bag of caraway seeds

I left a bag of skinless/boneless chicken breasts defrosting in a bowl for Angel to do with as she sees fit

And on the stove when I got home was a big pot of beet, yellow dal, chicken stew.
Mmmmmm....

UPDATE:
Actually, it's not too bad.
But I guess it's what I'll be eating for lunch and dinner for the next few days since Annika and I are the only ones who like beets.
Plus I was really looking forward to having some pickled beets. :-(

No comments: