Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photos from Erik's birthday



It took me four hours of driving around Bangalore to find a place that would make a birthday cake. Gopi finally took me downtown to a place called Sweet Chariot where he knew they made cakes. I looked through their photo album of cakes and found one I felt Erik would like. Next to the photographs are stickers that say "2k" or "3k" but I didn't know what that meant and I chose this cake. It happened to have a "3k" next to it.



I paid for the majority of the cake at the time of purchase so Gopi could pick it up on his way to get us on Erik's birthday. I say I paid for a majority of the cake, because the man behind the counter said it might be a few rupees more or less once the cake is finished. I thought that was odd, but I'm learning...

So Gopi shows up with this ENORMOUS cake. It turns out you order cakes by the WEIGHT and I ordered a 3 kilogram cake!! Gopi had to pay an additional Rps. 230/ that I reimbursed him for.

But it was a good cake and we were able to share it with LOTS of people. And that's what birthdays are all about, right??






A sketch on Erik's birthday card from work.
"I'm sorry Ganesha but you're doing shit!"
"But I'm TRYING!"
(As Ganesha destroys keyboards w/ his elephant hooves)

No comments: