Monday, August 4, 2008

I guess we won't be eating street food



We have been warned since the idea of India first came up, that we should never eat the street food. Once the dream was becoming a reality we went in for some immunizations and the US Center for Disease Control said DO NOT EAT THE STREET FOOD. But in the back of my mind, I thought, well, after a year or so I bet we'll be able to have some street food (it all looks & smells so good and I'm SO CURIOUS!!! And how come the locals can eat it day after day?)



I met a guy at the grocery store today. He's originally from Los Gatos, CA and has been in Bangalore for 10 years. He says he's finally ready to go home. He said his one bit of advice for me is "be very careful what you eat, even if it's something someone gives to you". Those words are haunting me. I will take it to heart if after 10 years that's his biggest concern. Leads me to believe he's had some food borne illnesses while he's been here - no need to reinvent the wheel.

No comments: