Monday, August 11, 2008

Love it...


In India there isn't one central water heater that is on all the time. Every bathroom has a "water geyser" and you turn it on 30-45 minutes before you need hot water (kitchen too).

We moved into our new apartment yesterday. We found out this morning (the hard way) that the COLD water is not connected to our shower. So we turned on the geyser 45 minutes before Erik needed it, he got in, and had about 10 minutes of hot, hot water then about a minute of luke warm water, and finished off cold. Hahahahaha... India. It just happened to me too, but I knew to hurry up during the hot part.

1 comment:

anu said...

Thank you for guiding me to your blog. Glad to hear that the bomb blasts did not affect you directly. Weird feeling - we moved to London just before the tube bombings there and I was two blocks from the bus bomb. Steph was crazy scared. This posting has really made me home land sick! We visited our family in India every other year from the UK growing up and the geyser was the source of at least a dozen stories every time!

You have also reinvigorated my blogging appetite. I like your thrifty notes, do you mind if i link up?