Sunday, August 10, 2008

Even in India the London bridge is falling down...

Just got back from taking the kids to their first day of school (photos to follow). They were excited this morning, and for the car ride to school, but once we found their classrooms both kids started crying. They were nervous and it's all very new to them from the country, to the uniform, to the food they were served for breakfast... it's a lot to take in. (Then why were my kids the only ones crying??)

But by the time I left the school they were both all smiles and waved to me excitedly as I left them with their new teachers and classmates.

The car ride on the way home was very quiet and lonely... for the last three weeks I've been looking forward to this day. And now that it's here, I miss them. No Annika chattering on about her latest imaginary story, no August telling me about the Tom & Jerry cartoon he saw, and no fighting... (I miss my little guys)

Today I move us from the Villa where we've been staying since our arrival to a 3 bedroom apartment a couple kilometers down the road. Someone else needs the Villa and our permanent house isn't available until 1 September.
Better get a move on!!

No comments: