Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pottery Town

I've been needing some terracotta pots for my pomegranate and lemon trees. The choice of pots in Whitefield are concrete pots or painted terracotta pots from Northern India that are way overpriced. I've been wanting to go to Pottery Town and thought this was the perfect opportunity. I took the visiting wife of one of Erik's coworkers.

Pottery Town is a small neighborhood where nearly everyone makes pottery. The blue barrels are tandoors.



Small curd (yogurt) pots drying in the sun

Making Ganeshas

Temple in Pottery Town

In the area where they were making Ganeshas, there was a large discard pile of broken pieces of the elephant God. I saw this section of trunk and tusks and thought it was interesting. I turned to the woman at the tea stall next to the pile and made a motion like, "Can I have this?" So she said, "You want?? You take!" Score!

I came home and planted my trees in my new Rps. 70 pots.

My pomegranate is blooming!

No comments: