Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dad's visit - London and home again...

Hi All

I arrived in London at 7:30am London time. It was raining and about 40 degrees. It is now 1pm and it is still drizzling and has only warmed up a few degrees. Needless to say, my planned walk to Hyde Park has been canceled.

I had an interesting stay in Delhi. Glad I visited in the south before going to the north where it is more crowded. One the way from the airport to the hotel, my driver told me that you only need 3 things to drive successfully in India: (1) a good horn, (2) good breaks and (3) lots of good luck. He didn't mention number (4) which is an ability to play chicken. The car whose nose is in the intersection the farthest goes first!!!

Travel is fun and I did a lot on this trip. Helen and Erik were great hosts. The grandkids were fun. I am already thinking about my next trip, but first I need to get back to Dublin and especially spend some time with Kate.

All for this trip.

John

No comments: