Sunday, January 31, 2010

Madonna to invest in Coconut Water


From today's PerezHilton.com:

Madge's latest business venture?

The Material Girl is braving the world of coconut water!

Madge is so addicted to the water from green coconuts that she's invested $1.5 million in NYC-based coconut water distributer, Vita Coco.

She's even convinced her manager, Guy Oseary, as well as Demi Moore, Matthew Mcconaughey and Anthony Kiedis to invest their funds in the low-cal, fat-free beverage!

Madge, who guzzled down Vita Coco daily while overseas for the Sticky & Sweet Tour, is hoping to take her involvement with the company to the next level - already making suggestions for the company to manufacture "coconut water popsicles."

Could coconut water be the new Vitamin Water??

What do U think?

Mmmmmm tasty!

UPDATE:
I came down with a head cold during the night. Today I had to run an errand which required taking a walk in the hot, bright sun - I was hoping this would drain my head and help me perk up a bit. While walking I took advantage of the coconut water sellers on the side of the road. It was so nice to just approach them with a Rps. 10 note and walk away with a freshly opened green coconut... no haggling, no lies, just an honest exchange between two people. And mmmmm, I'll take Madonna's advice and have it more often.

4 comments:

Nirvana said...

Mmmmm, a tip. Coconut water itself has cooling properties. I generally avoid it when i have a cold because it makes it worse. Check if that applies to you as well

Regards

Nirvana
at
http://nirvana73.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I used to live in Brazil, where coconut water is something very commmon to see.. Especially in hot days, there is nothing more refreshing than that. I think Madonna's investment is really gonna pay off and am very glad to see it more in the U.S.

Anonymous said...

Tender coconut has to be consumed right after opening.Its the most untainted,purest forms of beverage and recommended for fever,tummy issues,etc.Has right balance of salts and electrolytes!
Canning it or bottling it will not retain its freshness and taste.
They sell canned ones from Thailand and they taste horrible.

Unknown said...

I love that Madonna is supporting this Vita Coco company. I'm in love with coconut water, its delicious and healthy. So glad that Madonna shares my thoughts and puts her money behind her beliefs by investing in Vita Coco!