Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nursery - The Association of People with Disability


Bree and I went to a new nursery with our friend Tejal. Tejal said she goes to this particular nursery because it is maintained by people with disabilities and the profits go to their association to help with their care. I was looking forward to the outing but didn't expect to find too much.

I was very happily surprised. Beautiful nursery, nice attention to display, good selection and well maintained.

basil, chives
And they had HERBS!! We've been looking for herbs for several months. People told us our best bet was Lalbagh Gardens but when we saw their nursery we were bummed in the herb department.

black pepper, celery

Thyme, Oregano

I bought: 2 basil plants, 2 oregano, 1 mint, 1 thyme, 1 celery, 2 chives, 1 curry leaves, 1 small pomegranite tree, 1 small lemon tree = Rps. 195 ($4.24)
But now I have to buy pots and dirt...


I jokingly said this was the Helen/Erik plant... hahahaha

No comments: