Monday, March 2, 2009

Spare the Air

Back in California, a day like today would be called a "Spare the Air" Day, when buses are free, driving is discouraged as well as using gas powered mowers and outdoor burning is highly discouraged - all to maintain air quality.
I just got back from paying my phone bill. At the payment center, before getting back into the car, I noticed a large pile of burning garbage directly across the street. It's a common sight. But then I took a closer look and I believe the items being burned were asbestos ceiling tiles.
Yeah!

The hot weather has brought the maintenance crew around more often and with more bottles for fresh water.

Just look at all those bottles! The grey box behind the bottles is my reverse osmosis water purifier.

This is not our regular groundskeeper who asks for water but the word has gotten out that we willingly fill bottles so they've told their friends.
Just look at what she's wearing! Long sleeves, long saree under her work coat, and they prune bushes and maintain common areas all day long in the sun.

No comments: