Friday, October 17, 2008

Making "Mexican" tonight


Chapatis

I am attempting to make chicken enchiladas tonight. (Wish me luck)
The closest thing to a tortilla is a wheat chapati but I've never seen them in the grocery store.
I asked Gopi where I can find chapatis and he said "Jennifer can make them for you M'dam"
But I said I needed them tonight and he reluctantly said I could buy them at a hotel ("fast food" veg Indian restaurant). But he was reluctant because you need to consume them right after they are made. So he said I shouldn't buy them now for tonight.
So THEN I made the mistake of telling him I'm putting the dish together tonight but it won't be eaten until tomorrow - oh my goodness - he almost refused to continue the conversation. He said the chapatis by tomorrow would be chewy and I should not serve them tomorrow. (But he's never seen a plate of enchiladas).
So I insisted and he ran into a hotel and bought me 10 @ Rps. 5/ each = Rps. 50/ which is about $1.20.
Mmmm... and they were warm.

I'll slow cook/shred chicken in salsa, I have pinto beans and cheddar cheese. Should be yummy!!

No comments: