Sunday, October 19, 2008

First haircut in India

...yes, I know we've been here 3 months but I never got around to it.

On Friday I had the following:
Aroma oil head massage - Rps. 275/
Full pedicure - Rps. 450/
Hair wash - Rps. 175/
Hair cut - Rps. 250/
+ tip
= Rps. 1400/ = $28.50

The pedicure took almost an hour, it was wonderful.
The head massage was probably a half hour and included the head, parts of the face, neck, shoulders and upper back - all massaged in a warm oil - lovely.
Hair wash was needed because my hair was coated in oil (you'd think it would be included in the massage)
Hair cut was not the best but I can live with it for a few weeks and then I'll try some place new.

Funny - the majority of Indian women part their hair in the middle or have no part at all - so my off-center part really confused the hair stylist. Plus she was definitely not used to thin, Nordic hair.

No comments: