Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Taste of South India











The kids and I went to dinner with Punit this evening. He showed us around a Southern Indian menu and helped find dishes suitable for the kids.

Annika had a cheese Dosa, August had an Tomato and Pea Uttappam (which he quickly smothered in coconut chutney), I had a vegie Thali, and Punit had something with the word "mini" in the name - a descriptive word Punit seldomly uses when referring to food.

August was excited to try most things, but focused most on the crunchy items. Annika had a few bites but even white rice wasn't tempting her. Both kids had Mango Lassis but only had a few sips and were unimpressed. I think we're in trouble!
But then the waiter told us how there is a large variety of food in Bangalore so they won't have to eat this way lunch and dinner every day. The waiter also said that the dishes I ate would be prepared much spicier in Bangalore. Wow, some of it was pretty spicy.

Can't wait to have Indian food in India!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the Dosa King, I can eat anything!! Wish I was there.

colty