Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holi


Photo from Google Images

Today is Holi, the Festival of Colors read more
When I was out driving around yesterday I saw several vendors selling brightly colored powders. (I've heard they can be toxic so proper shops sell non-toxic Holi powder)

Ozone is having our Holi festival this weekend. There will be a Techno Dance Party Saturday night following by the color fight on Sunday. I wonder if Holi was one of the inspirations for the people that created paint ball. It's similar, you ambush people by hiding and attacking them with the colored powder.

This is one of the festivals I looked forward to experiencing when I moved here. Unfortunately, Holi isn't a South Indian thing so we'll only experience a fraction of what it's like in the North, but it should be fun none the less.

No comments: