Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Frustrated with customer service

Two technicians just left my house. They came today to fix my dryer. They will be back tomorrow to actually fix my dryer.
When I made the service call they asked me what the problem is, I said "the tumbler is not tumbling. The dryer blows hot air but the clothes are not being tossed around." OK, we'll have the technician call you.
The technician calls and asks what the problem is, again I say the tumbler isn't tumbling, he says OK, he'll be out in a couple hours.
In a couple hours (hey! he came promptly!) two technicians arrived, I showed them to the dryer, put a piece of clothing in it and turned it on. I said again, the tumbler is not tumbling. They worked on it for 20 minutes then showed me a bad band. The reason the tumbler wasn't tumbling was because the band that made it go around had broken.
So they tell me, "Sorry Madam, we were told your dryer was not starting so we only brought parts to fix that problem. We will have to get a new band and come back tomorrow."
Ahhhh! I said I never said anything about the dryer not starting, I only mentioned that the cylinder inside was not rotating.

--- --- --- ---

This morning I stopped at a shop to pick up a few items. While waiting in line to pay a cleaning lady came by mopping. She actually asked me to move so she could mop where I was standing. Because it was a narrow aisle, I had to exit the aisle completely, she swabbed the floor with a mop that hadn't been rinsed in quite some time, then I returned to my place in line.

--- --- --- ---

Saturday night we were invited to a friend's house for Diwali festivities. I was told dinner wouldn't be served until late so I thought ahead and ordered a couple cheese pizzas - 1 for the kids and another 'cause it's hard to resist cheese pizza. When I placed the order, the restaurant asked me "Where do you live?" so I told them my complex. They asked "What Villa number" and I said my Villa number doesn't matter, I'm going to pick up the pizza. Then they asked again, "What is your Villa number" I said again this order is for pick up. And they asked a third time so I thought, well, maybe my mobile number comes up on their computer and they need to fill in the info, so I told them.
So... I show up for the pizza and they said they already went to my house. The delivery driver called the restaurant and said no one is home. AHHHH!!!! I got a little huffy and loud and explained that I said 3 TIMES that I would pick up the pizzas myself.
Since the delivery driver was already on his way back to the restaurant, we waited for him to arrive, got the pizzas, and went on our way.

No comments: