Saturday, June 27, 2009

A visitor in my shower

We have Shogun visiting us again for 4 days. His owner, Michael, went to Kuala Lumpur so we happily agreed to babysit.

And, like before, I have a shadow following my every move. Shogun follows me EVERYWHERE! And I've stepped on his paws multiple times which most people would find hard to believe when he's SO BIG!

When I take a shower, Shogun follows me into the bathroom and eventually pushes back the shower curtain to check on me. He stands there with his big head getting wet along with a portion of the bathroom that is no longer protected by the curtain. But yesterday's shower, when I went to rinse my hair I closed by eyes and soon felt a bump against my leg. I opened my eyes to see Shogun in the shower with me! All of him in a tub-type shower! He took up so much room that the water was no longer spraying me - it was all directed on his back and he stood there enjoying it.

I couldn't believe it so I called for Annika to come and see. She came and quickly called for August. The two of them stood at the bathroom door laughing at this huge dog taking up most of the bathtub and Mom behind the curtain in utter disbelief!

After the kids left I took the opportunity to rub a little shampoo into his coat to freshen him up a bit.

For today's shower I closed the bathroom door. :-)

No comments: