Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Indian Spider


Mr. August was doing a craft project and was reaching up on a shelf to get some glue when he yelled "Mom, there's a big spider." In my head I thought, isn't that cute, a big spider. I came into the room, looked where he was pointing and didn't see anything. Oh well, I gave him is glue and started to help him with his project.

Then I heard "rat-a-tat-tat, rat-a-tat-tat, rat-a-tat-tat" and looked up... I screamed which made the children jump back and scream themselves. Auggie's big spider was so big you could hear it move!! And it was indeed a big spider. I tried to swat it but it got away behind the bookshelf.

A couple days later we were having severe power outages. I was about to shower the kids and thought I better light a candle in the bathroom in case of a black-out. I went to another shelf in the same bookcase and BAM! out came Auggie's spider. I ran to the bathroom, got a drinking cup, came back and placed it over Mr. Hairy. Then I put a heavy book on top of the cup.

Ordinarily I am the type of person that does not kill spiders. But this one looked like it could damage a child if it were to bite. Of course that's without any knowledge of spiders but better safe than sorry.

This weekend I picked up the cup and Mr. Spider was dead. So sorry but I couldn't risk it...


1 comment:

Renata said...

what the F?? That is NASTY!!!

I have to clench my cheeks just thinking about running into that nasty-ness.