Friday, May 22, 2009

Shogun - Day 1, Part 1

I previously warned Jennifer and Angel that Shogun would be at the house today but I was looking forward to their shock and awe when they opened the door and saw him in all his splendor.

We waited on the upper balcony to watch for them arriving. Shogun loved the balcony because he had an unobstructed view, didn't have to struggle to see over the railing.

Jennifer froze. I was laughing so hard. But then I "saved" her from Shogun and explained that he's a lot less scary than her Auntie's dog. Her Auntie's dog is some kind of lab mix that is strong, jumps and bites (love bites that hurt but don't break the skin). I said Shogun is soooo mello, doesn't jump, and it's hard to even get a lick out of him much less a bite.

Once she realized he truly doesn't jump or bite she warmed up quickly.


Angel was another story... she was frightened for a long time.

Even after watching Jennifer interact with him she was still afraid. But she takes care of stray dogs that were born in the lot next to her house, I explained that those dogs bite too, Shogun does not.

Such a pretty boy.

I really wish I had a photo of Gopi's expression... he was too terrified to come within 5 feet of Shogun. No persuading could get him to come any closer. I kept Shogun away, it's not fun to be terrified.

No comments: