Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.

The kids woke us up when they came into the room whispering to Daddy that they didn't know how to turn the gas stove on to make pancakes. Erik shot out of bed like a bullet!
So he suggested they make something that didn't require heat or knives.

Several minutes later they came back into the bedroom to surprise me with a bag full of flowers they had collected around the neighborhood and TWO small bowls of fruit salad. They encouraged me to eat the fruit salad in front of them. Annika said, "Happy Mother's Day, we made you fruit salad, but don't eat the black mushy parts on the oranges." Yes, well, no orange pieces were consumed. And the apple chunks look like they had been cut by the human mouth, most likely a 4 yr. old male, chunk by chunk and put in the bowl.
It was heavenly...

My questionable fruit salad

A young coconut Annika wrapped in a leaf

All of my beautiful flowers the kids collected from the neighbor's gardens

Then the BIG surprise... Auntie Jenne offered to babysit the little angels while Erik and I went downtown for brunch. Erik took me to Olive Beach for a lovely... long brunch in a beautiful setting with lots of cocktails and imported food. Very special.


No comments: