Monday, January 26, 2009

Stop signs

When we go back to the US driving again will be a learning process. Driving on the right hand side of the road and respecting stop signs will take some getting used to. And I'm not talking about a "California rolling stop" I mean acknowledging stops signs at all. Here it would be MORE dangerous if you DID stop at a stop sign because the people behind you wouldn't be expecting it and the outcome would be a 5-car pile-up.
I'm still big on cars staying in their lanes so the practice here of driving where ever your car fits on the road won't be a problem for me to leave behind.
But I'm not saying one way is right and the other is wrong... here it works. And honking your horn is a language drivers speak to one another so it is necessary in the chaos of the roads.

No comments: