Sunday, January 18, 2009

The continuing education of Jennifer/Angel


Angel is very Christian - not just in her beliefs but to her very core. She likes to talk about it and says Jennifer being Roman Catholic is not Christian. Angel is not aggressive or annoying - she's just very firm in her beliefs and very curious about other people and what they do in other parts of the world.

I've told her many times that I don't have a religion and I don't pray to Jesus but I do consider myself spiritual. I believe there is a power greater than myself but I don't believe it ever had a human form.

Anyway, today she asked me if I know anything about the story of Jesus. I said yes I do. So she asked me how...

...so I took the opportunity to open her eyes a bit and went to YouTube and pulled up Jesus Christ Superstar. We watched Mary Magdalen spread oil on Jesus' face, Judas descend from a helicopter in the best rock opera outfit ever, dabbled in a little Pilot, Herod and the crucifixion.

They were surprised that a person who claims to not worship Jesus would watch something like this and feel compelled to sing and dance along. Hahahahaha.

UPDATE: Angel said she wanted to sing a song in English to her congregation and asked me if I knew anything. We went back to YouTube and I showed her some Mahalia Jackson. Wow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

god bless Andrew Lloyd Weber :)