Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Activities

You could be doing something every hour of the day, or nothing at all, it was totally up to you...

Erik and the kids entered a sand castle building contest...


And won! The kids cherished their medals and wore them all the time. (Good thing they didn't notice that every participant received a medal.)


I took wind surfing and went snorkeling. The snorkeling trip was a boat excursion that dropped us over a reef so we could see lots and lots of colorful fish. I felt like I was swimming in an aquarium. The boat captain threw bread into the water after a while so we could experience the fish swarming around us. It was pretty cool. But I kept feeling tiny sharp shooting pains while I was in the water. Like mosquito bites only worse. When we got back on the boat the captain was explaining to another passenger that the water is full of plankton-sized jelly fish and that's what the stinging sensations were. Actually, I'm glad I didn't know ahead of time.


Auggie on the trapeeze!


You go Aug!

No comments: