Wednesday, December 10, 2008

KFC



I ate lunch at KFC today. I haven't been to a KFC in well over a year but today a little taste of home sounded really good. And I was in a part of town that has mostly street food that I cannot eat.
I walked into KFC and it looked and felt like a real American fast food place. I was really feeling it until the lack of air conditioning/circulating air brought me back to being in India.
I ordered a chicken sandwich and a Pepsi. The breaded chicken was much spicier than at home, but the excess mayo proved that some things remain the same.
I got a tiny table for 1 near the window and watched some Eunuchs bother a young adult male on the street below. The male ducked into the restaurant to avoid his agitators. The security guard at the front door (there is always a security guard at any and all front doors) did not allow them to enter so they loitered outside the big glass window for a while. It was entertaining watching while I ate my lunch. Taste of home... taste of India... ahhhhh.... who could ask for anything more?

No comments: