Friday, May 7, 2010

Prep II trip to the Aquarium


After the 1.5 hours on the bus, the kids lined up to see the fish.

Here we go! Auggie is paired with his pal Neil.

All fish photos were taken by August.




Yes, it's a very extensive and exciting aquarium.

Use me.

The kindergarten group waiting for the toy train at the park next to the aquarium.

Auggie's friend Darcy.

Auggie's friend Rohan.

We went around the track twice, so exciting.

PICNIC!!! 3 teachers went around with hand sanitizer before any child was allowed to start eating... I was shocked! That's a huge step, I hadn't seen that done before. Very nice.

After the children ate there was a seperate picnic for the teachers/parent helpers. Methi paratha, mango pickle and buttermilk. It was spicy and tasty.

The kids ran off some energy while the adults finished their picnic and before they reboarded the bus for the long trip home. Here Auggie and Darcy are racing, as usual.

After the field trip I had a few errands to run while we were downtown. We were in a toy shop on Brigade Rd. when I was suddenly hit by an urgent need for a bathroom. I asked the shopkeeper for a toilet but was told there wasn't one available. I went to a couple more shops, as goosebumps appeared on my skin, but no such luck. Quickly I grabbed August and we drove to the Hard Rock Cafe where I knew there was a clean, western toilet and a comfortable place for us to hang out until I knew I could make the ride home.

And August got an ice cream sundae out of the deal.
It was a good day.

No comments: