Friday, May 21, 2010

Farewell Osnat

I've been taking yoga from an Israeli woman named Osnat for the past year and a half. She's not the touchy, feely, karma type of yoga guru but she's simply amazing.

In this photo you can only see the back of her head and her backpack on the chair. We didn't know she is horribly opposed to having her photograph taken. But since so many of us brought cameras she agreed photos could be taken from behind her.

We pooled our money and bought her a pair of yoga pants (a style she complimented one of her students on several times) and, because we couldn't buy a gift certificate to Urban Yoga, a roll of money so she could go buy herself something to remember us by.

We had such a great time getting to know Osnat on a personal level. We all wished we had done it sooner, it was so nice to hear her stories and laugh together.

I feel kind of bad about this photo, the woman I was sitting next to snuck a photo and got away with it so I tried it too. I should have respected Osnat's wishes but I really wanted a photo to remember her by.

It was a great day.

No comments: