Thursday, March 4, 2010

Saw my first Hindi film today


I have been wanting to see a Bollywood film in a theater since we moved here. I have yet to do that but I've made my first step by seeing My Name Is Khan today. I was told that it was good and that it's easy for non-Hindi speakers to follow (that's true - but there were a few points of dialog I would have liked to have understood).
It was fun, I saw it at 12:30p and I was one of six in the theater.

It's the Indian version of Forrest Gump where one autistic man finds himself in extraordinary situations and has a huge impact on the nation. I'm sure Obama approves of the film because he's portrayed very well. There were some nice shots of San Francisco as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a good movie at all, there are better movie from bollywood(Hindi Hollywood) :)