Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sheela's wedding - Part II

Jennifer's family is Roman Catholic so Sheela's wedding was in a Catholic Church. This is the first church I've been to in India. It looked just like any other neighborhood church. The service was in a language I didn't recognize, probably Kannada.
Sheela wore a white saree with a white veil for the ceremony.






kids were a little bored by the end

then it was off to the reception...



kids got to play on the stage before the bride and groom arrived


everyone changed clothes for the reception






let's eat





Auggie's new girlfriend Brigita

She's adorable, 3 yrs old, but Jennifer said she's very naughty, well, so is Auggie... :-)

When we were getting ready for the wedding, I tied my own Saree. I had tied it for the wedding in Delhi and now I've had more practice so I thought I did a good job. My pleats looked really good.
After the ceremony I was mingling with some of Jennifer's family members. They said "Nice Saree M'dam" so I proudly stated "why thank you, I tied it myself" and they said "yes... we'll fix it."
I was a little deflated but was well taken care of when we reached the reception hall and 3 of Jennifer's aunties dragged me into a closet, stripped me down, and retied me. Hahahahaha.

UPDATE: This past weekend the newlyweds went on an all-day motorcycle outing around the city. It's the first time they were alone and able to get to know each other. Jennifer said Sheela came back happy. :-)

No comments: