Monday, October 25, 2010

Auggie breaks his arm


This morning I brought my phone to my kickboxing class. Something I never do. And I left the ringer on normal, instead of muting, like I would probably do if I brought my phone to a class.
During the abs work out my phone rang, it was August's teacher telling me he's in the infirmary and they believe he has broken his arm. WHAT?!?!? I immediately run out of the class and start running home. I call Erik on the way and he tells me to settle down 'cause I'm in hysterics. I try to explain that I'm not hysterical it's just that I'm running and talking on the phone at the same time.
I get to school and the infirmary has done a beautiful job bandaging him up, immobilizing his arm, and gave him a beautiful sling (I really wasn't expecting much). I got him into the car and we rushed to the hospital.


Sling off, preparing for X-ray, he doesn't want to bend his arm.

X-ray Tech calming August down.

August getting his arm X-rayed - after being straightened and twisted my the Techs. OMG how he cried. Then they asked me to step out so they could take the X-ray.

Applying the cast - again his arm was twisted and contorted and the tears and screams flowed. But for the crack in his elbow to heal properly the arm had to be secured in a certain position.

Nap time. There was a lot of energy spent over the last few hours.

The hospital wanted August to stay for 2 hours after the cast was applied for observation, to make sure his blood was circulating properly and to make sure his fingers didn't swell. Daddy came from work to hang with us during this period.

A little R&R at home.

Well, maybe this cast is kind of cool.

My brother...

No comments: