Saturday, June 12, 2010

August's birthday party

Happy Birthday Auggie!!

In the month before his birthday I kept asking Auggie what he wanted to do for his birthday party. He said he wanted to go to Toscano and make pizza and cupcakes with his friends. I said, "No you don't" and I kept looking for a place where a bunch of 5/6 year olds could run around and play. I was running out of time and every time I'd ask him he'd again say Toscano to make pizza. So finally I listened...

Restaurant Toscano all prepped for 15 kids to invade.


First stop, a quick snack of french fries while all the guests gathered and settled down.

Or tried to settle down

Next stop, every child was given a chef's hat, an apron, a blob of dough and a rolling pin.

Once the dough was sufficiently rolled on came the toppings!

The birthday boy's pizza.


I'm thinking "boy I'm glad this mess isn't in MY house"


--- --- ---

When all the pizzas were in the oven it was time to decorate cupcakes. Every child got 2 and all the toppings they could handle.




--- --- ---

Pizza is ready!!!

--- --- ---

Presents!!!

--- --- ---

Cake & singing

It was a great party, Toscano did a great job organizing and executing. Kids went home with bellys' full + go-home boxes with any remaining pizza and cupcakes. Parents didn't have to cook that night!

And even though I didn't believe it, this is the party he wanted and he loved every minute of it.

No comments: