Monday, November 9, 2009

Rajasthan Day 3 - Galwar Bagh Monkey Temple, Jaipur


We happened to go to Galwar Bagh on an auspicious day, there were hundreds of devotees there to bathe in the (horribly stinky) water.

The temple has three levels of pools. Jenne had been here before so we followed her as we went through the temple. At the first pool we walked through a crowd of many, many colorful sarees until we realized that many women were in different stages of undress - we were walking through the women's bathing area and John was in front of me and the only man around. John started fearing for his life, as did I. Luckily no stones were thrown and no men tried to tear him apart. Wow.


And, of course, there were monkeys.

And lots of beautiful people.

This man got excited when I took his picture. When I showed him the image on my camera he knelt and kissed me feet! My first feet kissing in India!

No comments: