Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed



Just got off the phone with Erik. He landed at midnight Bangalore time but didn't get to the house where he's staying until 3:00am. He slept for a couple hours, now it's 8:00am and he's getting ready for his day. His first full day as a resident of Bangalore, India. It's 7:30pm here and I've just fed the kids and we're getting ready for jammies and books. This 12.5 hour time change will take some getting used to.

Had a nice chat with Tanya tonight. Let's see... how many ways can I be homesick??? I will forever and always miss Portland and my friends there, Erin is going to have her baby any day - a baby I might not see again until she's two+, I gave notice at work so now I'm starting to mourn those daily interactions, and my husband is on the other side of the globe...

Ok, right... this is a very exciting time for me/my family... soak it in... soak it in... :-)

No comments: